Senior Executive Assistant (Not for Profit ) Melbourne
Hybrid for a Melbourne based EA or remote for the right candidate.
Our client is a fast-growing Australian Charity Organisation that requires an experienced Senior Executive Assistant for the Co-Executive Director to partner with them to deliver key organisation deliverables. This role is a permanent full-time hybrid role for a Melbourne based EA or a remote role for the right candidate.
About the role
This role supports the Co-Executive Director to manage the rapid scaling of their organisation and programs. You’ll be the ‘chief wrangler’ who’ll bring high-level coordination and support to the executive and operations teams.
You’ll need to be a lateral thinker, problem-solver and be super-organised. You’re going to be supporting the Executive Director to prioritise, prepare and follow through on a myriad of activities, so developing a deep understanding of the whole organisation, programs and the context they’re operating in quickly will make all the difference.
A big part of the job is to steer the Executive Director away from distractions and help them focus on their highest leverage activities so you’ll need to bring decisive prioritisation and high levels of organisational skills to help schedule and prioritise time and tasks. You’ll be engaging closely with everyone from board members, philanthropists, business and NGO leaders, and staff at all levels within the organisation. You’ll need a penchant for clear, direct communication, an unflappable nature, and the ability to read people and group dynamics.
- Supports the Co-Executive Director to manage the workload, including prioritisation, scheduling and diary/calendar management;
- Supports the Co-Executive Director to manage correspondence including managing email inboxes, drafting and/or editing memos and reports;
- Provides logistical and administrative support for the Co-Executive Director including arranging meetings, workshops and complex travel itineraries;
- Provides broader support to the leadership team including preparing and organising meetings, developing agendas and managing follow-through;
- Contributes to the preparation of reports and presentations;
- Collaborates with and provides support, where required to the Operations administrative, HR and legal functions.
- Applies a strategic mindset to ensure the organisation can have the greatest impact by horizon scanning and adjusting, streamlining workflows and continuously improving our standards.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Significant experience in a similar or related role working 1:1 with diverse executive-level leaders;
- An advanced level of organisational and project administration skills;
- An ability to prioritise decisively and juggle multiple projects and priorities in a flexible, fast-paced environment;
- Advanced written, verbal and visual communication skills;
- Intermediate level competency with software including collaborative tools and nimble tech solutions;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with highly developed social and emotional intelligence;
- An ability to understand complex strategic and organisational dynamics;
- A passion for action on climate change and a commitment to social justice.
Apply Now and email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Apply Now below.